Women’s Wellness & Acupuncture | general health, fertility, prenatal/postpartum care
Many women are choosing to approach their health concerns with natural and preventative measures that lead to long term, sustainable solutions for health. Living in a fast paced, high stress culture is for many a recipe for improper nutrition, not enough exercise, emotional distress and ultimately disease. Rooted in 5,000 years of tradition, Chinese medicine aims to examine your symptoms in relation to the larger macrocosm of your body, both physically and emotionally. By seeking out and treating the root cause of disease, many seemingly separate conditions can be alleviated in the same treatment.
Some of the many imbalances treated with Acupunture:
- Anxiety & Depression
- Irregular Menstrual Cycle
- Painful Menses
- Migraines & Headaches
- Fatigue/ Low Adrenal Function
- Hormone Imbalance
- Ovarian Cysts and Uterine Fibroids
- Peri/Menopause Symptoms
- Thyroid Disfunction
- Eating/Body Image Disorder
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Digestive Imbalances (Crohns, IBS, Ulcerative Colitis, etc)
- Autoimmune Conditions (Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Hashimotos, etc)
- And much more!
Acupuncture treatments are combined with lifestyle and nutritional guidance to not only help to alleviate your symptom but also to help bring vitality to your system and balance to the mind, body and spirit.
Many couples turn to acupuncture and Chinese herbal treatment to increase their chances of pregnancy. Although many women are the sole recipients of this treatment, it is truly beneficial for both partners to be treated.
Acupuncture treatment effectively helps to:
- Circulate Qi and blood
- Harmonize and warm the uterus
- Increase blood flow to the ovaries
- Regulate menstrual irregularity
- Improve immune function
- Balance hormonal fluctuations
- Increase sperm motility as well as quantity
- Increase overall energy
- Increase libido
The road to fertility can be an exciting as well as stressful time. Riding the ups and downs can be difficult not only for the woman, and her partner individually, but also on the relationship itself. Acupuncture treatment reduces stress and effectively supports a calm mind, a vibrant spirit and healthy body for pregnancy and birth.
Using a combination of acupuncture, herbs, mindfulness practice, nutritional guidance, and lifestyle modification, a personalized treatment plan for each person is created to achieve their highest health and healing potential.
Pregnancy & Postpartum
Acupuncture benefits the health of both mother and baby throughout the pregnancy. Treatment time provides a sanctuary away from daily stress and affords mother and baby the chance to connect in a peaceful, supportive environment.
Benefits of Acupuncture During Pregnancy:
Lack of or difficulty sleeping
- Pain relief (low back, hips, carpal tunnel, sciatica)
- Morning Sickness
- Headaches & Migraines
- Nourishing the Baby
- Digestive symptoms (acid reflux, heartburn, constipation)
- Immune System Enhancement
- Stress Reduction
- Preterm Labor
- Threatened Miscarriage
Many mothers struggle to make space for their own healing after the birth of their child. Acupuncture supports and restores mothers back to vibrant health. Irregular sleep, adjusting to new duties and caring for a newborn can take a physical and emotional toll on a new mother’s health. Taking time to nourish oneself has a ripple effect leading to healthier, happier babies, relationships and home life.
Benefits of Acupuncture Postpartum:
- Improves sleep for mom & baby
- Balances hormones (Baby Blues as well as post-partum Depression)
- Increases energy, general health & immune system
- Assists with insufficient lactation & mastitis
- Increases overall recovery from birth
- Relieves stress and anxiety
Having a hard time getting out of the house for your postpartum visits? We offer special Postpartum Acupuncture Treatments in the comfort of your own home to make sure all mamas can get the care they need.